Thursday, May 30, 2013

It IS A VERY Special Day.

Today is a very special day! It is the day marking the 22nd anniversary of the day my bestest buddy in the whole world joined planet earth as her own entity! Happy Birthday EMILY!!!

:D

I have known Emmy for ten years now. (Happy ten-niversary to us EMMY!) I can hardly believe it has been that long, but then again it also seems like I've known her for forever at the same time. I wanted to take a minute to celebrate Emily for the wonderful person she is and also because it is her Birthday! And I also wanted to celebrate the honor of having her as my best friend for all these years.


I'm not so good with the nice words to say about people. I'm quick with the snark, (as Emily well knows) but not so good with the nice things, but thankfully I know where to look to find nice things. These quotes are very true about my friendship with The Emmy.


I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.
Robert Brault

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.
Aristotle

Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
Anais Nin

Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.
Jean de La Fontaine

My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.
Henry Ford

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job.
Laurence J. Peter
These are some of the Emmy's favorite things or things that remind me of her:
 I just wanted to take the time to celebrate Emily in a way she deserves, not only because it is her birthday, but also because she is an all around amazing person who has been there for me whenever I needed her for the past ten years, and I am truly grateful for it, and humbled by it.

One Final Quote:

The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.
Hubert H. Humphrey


Thank you Emily for your years of friendship, and here's to many more!

Brooke

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your pal! :) My best friend and I have been besties for 12 years, and I can't imagine a world without her. :)

    ReplyDelete