Monday, May 27, 2013

Walking Through The Woods...


As anyone who has ever gone for a walk in the woods knows, you occasionally stumble on a meadow, or a clearing where sunlight dapples the ground, you feel its pleasant warmth on your face, and you feel peaceful and happy. You can hear the birds singing, and everything smells clean and fresh. There is a feeling of rightness and oneness with the world. 
http://www.movewithali.com/clearing-by-martha-postlewaite/

Which is to say, I've been having a few good days lately. I'm less depressed, and I'm actually having feelings again. I'm still not sure how things will work out with Bruce, but he and I are talking, and working on things that will remove stress from our relationship, so that's good at least.  I reached a low point where I became utterly and completely numb to everything last week, which frankly scared the hell out of Bruce, because this is the first time since we've been dating that he's seen me during a depressive episode. I think I'm coming out of it, but when walking through the woods you never know when you'll be snagged on a tree branch. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I'm finding my way out. Getting closer to the edge of the forest, at least, I hope so.


Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment