Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Phrases That Confuse Me

People say the English language is the hardest language to learn, and I can believe that. I mean there are people who grow up speaking English that do so improperly. ( Bruce says I'm a Grammar Nazi, but what does he know? :P )

However there are some English phrases that we use that confuse the hell out of me...

For Example:
"Fat Chance" means the same thing as "Slim Chance" WHY?? Fat and Slim are opposites, and yet by throwing the word "chance" behind them they now take on the same meaning... Unless Chance is a person... In which case, I apologize to the Chances in question.

A meal that "Sticks To Your Ribs"... Why do I want to eat something that completely bypasses my digestive system? And HOW DOES IT DO THAT!?!?!?!?



There are many more, but I am tired, and have to get up in 5 hours to work for 14 hours... Yay?

No comments:

Post a Comment